Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where the doll making began....

Goodmorning everyone! I thought that I would share with you today my very first primitive craft that I ever made. This is a pattern that I made myself. I was watching Crafters Coast to Coast one day on HGTV and saw a doll similar to this one and thought that it was the cutest thing ever. So as soon as the show was over I headed to the craft room and began making a pattern while it was still fresh on my mind. This was the outcome. The show called her a big sissy doll and so that's what I've gone on to call her as well. She is different than my other dolls because she's kind of floppy. What I mean by that is where she has the larger arms and big head she just kind of flops around. Which makes her even more adorable. I've had several people who have seen her wanting to buy her but I just can't part with her and for some reason haven't made anymore. Hmm maybe when the craft fair rolls around I'll have some made up so others can enjoy one as well.
Then after I had fallen in love with making the primitive crafts I started buying some patterns and found this cute little guy. Unlike the big sissy doll, I've made several of these and they sold really well on eBay and but especially in the gift shop and I've also sold them straight out to people who've seen them. I just love making primitive crafts now and look forward to being in some craft fairs this fall, which will be something totally new for me. If any of you out there have done the fairs before and have any words of wisdom that you would be willing to share with me, please do so cause I'm a total rookie at this new endeavor.
Hope that everyone has a wonderful day and come on back and see me soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    Your doll and sheep are really cute! And I LOVE that rooster lamp on your banner (in your kitchen?). I love roosters.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is just adorable. I love it!!!
    Have a great week!!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete