Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A trip to Gatlingburg, Tennessee

Hi everyone! Have you missed me? Well I've missed all of you....I thought that since I'm still not up to par that I'd let you take a field trip with me to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. This trip was taken back last October on my anniversary so theirs lots of pictures of the family. So I'll introduce them to you although my son is quite shy when it comes to getting his picture took. So anyway, sit back and enjoy the first part of the tour.
Here I am with the cabin that we stayed in for our honeymoon in the background. Cabins are plentiful in Both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge which makes it extra nice and cozy.
I'm so thankful that there are still so many wonderful places that are preserved in Tennessee. Here's just one of many examples of an old homestead that we went to while visiting.
Say hello to the better half. He's just right at home in the outdoors and visiting places like this.
Here I am inside one of the homesteads. It was kind of chilly that day but I couldn't seem to warm up next to the fire. hmmm
And here we are....the only picture that I could get of my son while we were site seeing. He's headed up to the old barn.
Notice all the rock everywhere? I wondered how the wagons and all could get around all of that and my husband explained to me that erosion has worn away a lot of the soil exposing the rocks.
Ok so come back and see part 2.....the Journey continues

No comments:

Post a Comment