Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stool makeover

Ok so this along with 50 blue million other things is what I've been doing the past 2 days. I actually finished this up last night but was to tired to take pictures and post it. This stool has been out in my little shed for about 8 yrs. I've had it forever and used to use it to stand on to paint....I know I know that's not very smart. But anyway I lost count at how many coats of paint that it had on it as I was sanding it. My mom had this stool for years before I got it so it was a hand me down. But I painted it all up after it got a good sanding and added a cushion and some of that pretty toile fabric that I've just fallen in love with. I then added a satin finish poly on it so that the paint would seal really well. I'm going to find some pretty trim to run around the edge of the cover. I ran out this morning and couldn't find anything that I liked so will have to try Hobby Lobby next. I have one more stool to go and this project will be done. Hopefully, I can get the other one done tomorrow along with some house cleaning and laundry. Ohhhhh so many things to do and so little time to do them in. But on the positive.....I get to do the laundry in a pretty room and I get to clean and while I do so I'll think of what I'll post on the blog next.
Hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!
Come back soon....

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been inspired. Therei is an old stool in the corner of my garage. I think I will give it a make over soon.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin.. that really looks good in black and toile.. I soon you will have 2 of them.. You are the energizer bunny girl !!!! Don't forget to sleep. Big Love...

    ReplyDelete