Monday, February 23, 2009

HI and Welcome!

Hi and Welcome! I'm totally new to blogging so please bear with me as I get things underway and get used to how everything works. But I look forward to being able to share some of my interest with new people. Let me introduce myself first off.....
My name is Robin and I live in a small town in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in East Tennessee and on the lake. I've been married for almost 9 years to a wonderful man and couldn't be any happier. We have a 15 year old son who is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I cherish him. I started crafting back in the 80's but not until about 6 years ago was I able to focus full time on them. I can no longer work outside the home unfortunately but on a positive note, I can work on my crafts and projects at my leisure rather than just on weekends like I had to before. I miss working something terrible but have learned that you have to take what life gives you and make the most of it. So that's where my crafts come in to play. They fill the emptiness that I felt from having an outside job and are the best therapy ever! Which leads me to what all that I do as far as my "projects" go. I love all kinds of crafts anything that is creative, I'm there. I love to refinish old furniture (trash to treasure kind of things), sew, go to yard sales (junkin' as I call it), visit thrift stores, decorate (and redecorate) my home, work outside in my flower garden that I lovingly refer to as grubbing, although I can't do that as much anymore as I'd like too. I also love to scrapbook and make jewelry. So this blog will be all about the things that I love and hold dear.
Like I said before, please bear with me as I start this new project of blogging and keep coming back, as I will be adding new projects and pictures of projects often. But for now, I'll leave you with my view from my dock. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment