Monday, April 22, 2013

Life Ring mini album...

 Good Monday to you all! Well I told you all on Friday that I would show you the outcome of what I made after showing what was inspiring me on Friday. Let me first say. I will never make another one of these EVER again and I'll explain why at the end of the post. But after fiddling with it all weekend I actually really like the outcome. My pictures aren't  the best in the world the rings are actually centered and not all wonky like they look like they are but I wanted to show you the outcome and maybe it might spark some imagination of your own to try one.
 I used chipboard of course for my pages and there are 4 in total even though I only showed 3 of them. I used DCWV Nantucket paper pack and then a variety of embellishments from other collections. I didn't want much 3D embellishments because I was afraid that it wouldn't lay flat enough for me.
So that I could get more pictures on each ring I made little flaps for some of the pictures so that I could layer the pictures and get more real estate per page. This album held 62 pictures and in my book that's what its all about is the pictures. I've decided that I'm not going to make anymore mini's anymore unless I add the pictures as I go because I find that once I've made the mini's I have a real hard time going back and adding the pictures. So why make them if I just sit them up somewhere with no pictures in them right? They are pretty to look at but basically useless. I really need to get back to my 12x12 layouts as well and try my best to get caught back up in those. I worked for years to get caught up in them and then just dropped the ball when I started making mini albums. I haven't done a 12x12 layout in so long that I'm sure I'm really rusty at it. But back to this mini, after it was done I was glad that I had acted on my impulse and made it...now seeing the end result I'm glad I'll say. But the reason that I'll never make another one is because it just about killed my hands cutting the chipboard. I used scissors and an exacto knife (yes and I still have all 10 9 fingers, just kidding) My hands hurt so bad this weekend trying to finish this project up that I swore I'd never make another one and that is what gave me the drive to finish it up. I have arthritis in my hands and they are still swollen today from this project so I have to know my limits. The circles that I cut are quite large almost 12" across and I printed off the wallet sized photos for the album. For the circle template I simply used the larger mixing bowl I had to get the large circle and then used the largest Creative Memories circle template I had to make the inner circle. The 4 straps around the front I used seam binding and the rope is some type of soft cotton rope or twine that I had in my stash. Matter of fact, I ONLY used what I had. I didn't run out and buy anything new for this project. I only used what I had and made it work for me.
I hope that you enjoy it and that its sparks an inspiration for you to make one or to look at things in your home for inspiration in your paper crafting.
Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can see how this project made your hands so sore.. BUT soo cute cute cute.. anything nautical I like !

    ReplyDelete