Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa

I've been sick for so long and am craving some more good home cooking. I made this back in August and it has become a staple meal for us. I haven't made it since Aug but thought that I would share the recipe with you. You will notice in the picture that I used two different kinds of pasta because I was running short of the rotini noodles. It didn't make any difference in the taste of the dish so feel free to substitute. It's so good and such a nice hearty meal.

1 pack of Kielbasa sausage
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
1 bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 box Rotini noodles
1/4 cup of crushed pineapples (drained)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp butter
Directions
Place olive oil in a LARGE skillet on medium high heat. In a separate pot place pasta with water and boil for 7-8 minutes. Slice kielbasa and place in skillet with olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper with the kielbasa until the kielbasa starts browning up. Then add brown sugar and crushed pineapples and stir. Once mixture comes to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta and add salt, pepper and butter and gently blend. Place pasta on plate and top with kielbasa mixture. Enjoy!
4 servings
**Please note that I found this recipe a while ago on a website called At home with Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment