Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fight like a Girl mini albums for Breast Cancer Survivors project..

 Hi everyone! This is something else that I made for Breast Cancer survivors. I couldn't find a paper pack that was specific for Breast Cancer so I made my own pink ribbon and pulled all of the loose pink papers that I thought would be pretty together that I have. I didn't realize how low I was getting on pink paper until I went to make these two little folio albums. Apparently, I've been making loads of projects using pink lately. But even though I didn't have a specific paper pad or collection, I still think that these turned out really pretty.
 I layered up several of the punched out pink ribbons and glued them together then ran them thru my Big Shot with and embossing folder so the ribbon would have some texture to it. and covered the spines with two layers of solid pink and white cardstock that I used a doily edge punch on.
 Then I added some little pink tiles that I had found at Tuesday Morning for $1.49 for a little bit of bling. And again I've used that cotton ribbon that I picked up at the thrift store. I tied knots at the bottom of each tail of the ribbons.
 As you can see the inside isn't all pink. I used the pink papers that I had and pulled other colors that looked pleasing to my eye and would go nicely together. They are all from different brands but seem to work.
 I did however go to Hobby Lobby and buy the pink stripe paper because I originally had another idea that you will see in tomorrows post. In the inside of the binding I added a punched pink ribbon as a little embellishment.
 As you could see in the above pictures, I didn't put embellishments on the pages. I did that on purpose so that it wouldn't be intimidating for the recipieant and the pictures could be the focal point.
This is what the backs of the mini's looks like.
I hope that you all are enjoying the projects that I made for these survivors. Come on back tomorrow for another project share. I hope that you're having a good day and thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment