Sunday, October 19, 2014

Steampunk Princess pennant

 Hi everyone! Here is a pennant that I made a while ago and just haven't felt up to adding it to my blog. The digi I found online and it was free. I used my alcohol markers to color her. After I placed the designer paper over the pennant I went around it and dry brushed some white paint to give it a more shabby chic look.
 I used Wild Orchid Crafts flowers on this project and after placing and gluing the flowers down, I used some snowtex to give the piece and even softer feel. I also added some bling in certain spots on the project.
 I used a vintage doily that I had picked up a couple of years ago in Oklahoma while I was out thrifting. I think that it made a nice backdrop along with the patterened paper for the colored digi. You can print this digi off to color for yourself at There are more
 I then added some cotton ribbon in each corner. I had found an entire ball of that ribbon at my local thrift store for only .15 and love the feel of it. The little butterfly is one that I made myself using clay.

This is the back view of the project. I just love these doilys and it's so hard to find pretty vintage ones so I was tickled to find the ones that I did. I'm hoping to find more here locally. I keep looking for them but so far no luck.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you're having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment