Friday, May 21, 2010

First page in new Fathers Day mini album...

Hello everyone! I broke down and bought a pattern for this mini cause when I saw the demo on it I just knew that I had to make one for my husband. It is a Following the Paper Trail mini and I'm having a blast making it! I thought that I'd show you a page a day til I get it completed then show you the entire album all put together.
So this is what it looks like when you open up the suit front. There are several tags where you can do journaling or put photos. As you can see I haven't pulled out any pictures yet to put in mine. I like doing that last thing. The tie lifts up so you can place a picture underneath it as well on the little tag that is tucked down in the pants.
Just like in a couple of the previous minis that I've shown you the basic concept is the pocket pouch and the shirt lift up using the collar as the tab.
then on the back there is another tag that lifts out of the "pants" for a photo or journaling. The pattern called for Graphic 45's A Proper Gentleman card stock but you could use any "manly" paper that you can find. I know it was hard for me to find anything else and I couldn't even find this paper stack locally and had to order it online. I found it the cheapest online at Cut At Home the link is www.ucutathome.com and the pattern can be found at followingthepapertrail.blogspot. There will be a link for her Etsy store on her page. I would do a tutorial on this but her pattern is copyrighted and I always give credit where credit is due. I love watching the you tube videos from various different scrapbookers and getting ideas and always try my best to hand out kudos to those that have inspired me or taught me something new.
So anyway, tomorrow I'll share with you the second page of the mini so come on back ya'll and you can see what else I've been up to.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Robin these are beautiful . you did such a great job I,m proud of my daughter love you mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    This is going to be so wonderful! I love it! What a great project - can't wait to see what is next! :<)

    Wishing you a good weekend!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete