Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Vanity with two drawer mini albums tutorial

 Hi everyone! This is a little two "drawer" vanity with two mini albums that I started this past weekend. It still isn't complete yet but I wanted to show you pictures of the progress and go ahead and get the measurements on here for you in case you would like to make one for yourself. It would make a nice Mother's Day gift.



 I will be adding a frame on the inside of the upper lid for a picture once this is completed.
 I used magnets for closures and the glass knobs came from Michael's. This paper line is a combination of Bo Bunny's Garden Party and an America Craft paper pad.
 This isn't a full step by step tutorial like I normally list on here and I apologize for that. The tutorial was sort of an afterthought. Here are my measurements.


These last pictures are when I realized that I should of done a pictorial tutorial and so as I was putting the box together with the 2" strip hinges I started taking pictures. The first ones that I took, I was just about finished adding all of the white card stock. But I went ahead and posted them so you could see what the bare box looks like before I added the pretty paper and thought that it would help you understand how it went together better. If you have ever made a chipboard box before this will be no problem understanding since I've made clear diagrams for you to use.





 The above picture is looking into the spaces where the "mini album drawers" are inserted.






Thanks for stopping by everyone and I hope that you all have a wonderful rest of your week. If you make one of these please let me know. I'd love to see your creations.

1 comment: