Friday, April 18, 2014

Some fabric flowers

 Hi everyone! I thought I would share with you some fabric flowers that I made. I actually made several of these and plan on making more since I still have plenty of the same fabric left. Speaking of fabric. Remember last fall when I told you all that I made some outdoor curtains and used painters drop cloths to make them? Well I had plenty of leftover material and have already made a couple of purses with the material. Now flowers! I think that they turned out really nice and I enjoyed making them.
 For the flower above. I simply had cut out what I thought looked like a petal from cardstock and used that as a template to cut several petals and glued them together. Then on top of that I did use a Sizzix die to cut out the piece of white lace and the following layer as well. I found the bling that I used for a center in the clearance section at Michael's and have had a pack of feathers for years which I tucked in between the layers.
This one is basically using all the same materials as the first one. I just made this one a rolled flower where I rolled a strip of the painters cloth and added to the middle of a die cut fabric flat flower. The bling I found on ebay and bought something like 50 for .01 and FREE SHIPPING! Can you believe that? It's true, I am finding lots of things for a penny and free shipping and putting them to good use.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment