Friday, April 4, 2014

Bloom where you are planted mixed media

Hi everyone! I thought that I would share with you a mixed media piece that I made for a friend in the Netherlands. It's only a 4 x 6 piece but I loved making it. I can't remember if I shared with you how much I'm loving doing mixed media but I have been doing quite a bit lately. This is a piece that I feel most comfortable sharing with you right now. There are numerous layers and textures to this one. I used some tissue paper that came in a package from my friend Dee in South Carolina that was laying on my craft table at the time. I had an old book page that I cut up and wrote my sentiment on to title the piece. Of course acrylic paints...however at this point I do not remember what colors they were because when I get to making one of these pieces I don't really have a plan. I just sit down and whatever is close to me at the time is what I use unless it's a stencil or something. Which I decided on the tree stencil in this one and used texture paste so that it would be raised. Of course I used my pallet knife to make the tree bark and my faber castell markers for shading in some places.
I really enjoy doing mixed media. I know some who don't care to get their hands all dirty in the paints but I happen to find it soothing and use my fingers more to paint with than brushes on these types of things. I'm hoping to be able to start sharing more of my mixed media things with you soon. It's sort of hard to understand how these come about just by writing. But if you to like to do the mixed media then you know what I'm talking about.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment