Sunday, July 24, 2011

7 Months in Fast Forward....part 6

 Ok so in the month of June....it was planned for some serious and extremely overdue R & R. So a vacation was planned for the beach and we invited Suzie and Don to come with us. Lets just say this was one adventure right after another and kind of leave it at that....
 We all had a nice night out as we all went to the boardwalk. Austin and his friend were out riding bikes and looking for things to the majority of the time we were there so I don't have a lot of pictures of them and wound up not getting one with the entire group that went down together. But that's ok...
 We did manage to all go play putt putt one night and that was fun until a pack of rats came running out right as I snapped this picture.....yes you read that right....Rats!!! at a putt putt place! YIKES! My second worse fear!
 Oh now this was a special memory for me. This was the first year that I had ever gotten to celebrate my birthday with Suzie and Don!! They bought me the most beautiful cake and it tasted even better than it looked! It was to die for! Yum! Thanks Suzie and Don!!!
 So Suzie and Don decided to go check out some places on the other side of Fla in the gulf as we made our way back home. We spent the night close to Savannah and my husband mentioned something about stopping and eating at Paula Deen's restaurant! I was soo excited! I said YES YES YES and thought to myself. Ahhh Haaa I'll be able to check something off my bucket list! I know some of the things on my bucket list may sound silly to you but yes eating at Paula's restaurant IS on my list and if I could meet her that would just be the icing on the cake. So here we are in Savannah....
 At Lady and Son's......but....they are all booked up for that night as well as the following day! I was so disappointed and let down. But I wasn't gonna let it get me down long because I was in Savannah!! Woo Hoo! I love reading books about this place and I love places with lots of History so my dear Scarlett I just put on a happy face and went in search of somewhere else we could eat and I planned on taking in as many sites as I possibly could. Because after all.....who could ever be sad in Savannah...
 This was as close as I got to getting to meet the infamous Mrs. Paula Deen....but that's ok...after all tomorrow is another day.
 Yeah and look here....had I had my bathing suit on under my clothing....YEP you guessed it...could of checked yet another bucket list item off!! Hey my bucket list may sound silly to you but that's ok...it's my list and I claim it with pride!
 Here we are at the horses and buggies. We were gonna go for a tour but we just didn't have the time to this trip....look at those gorgeous streets!
Here are the boys and my husband....sorry honey but I have to point out that you are standing on your tip toes so that you will at least look as tall as the other two....you got busted! Savannah....We will be back and there want be a single inch of that town that I haven't seen and taken pictures of and Paula I'll be back to stand in that long line to reserve my seat in Lady and Sons....and as far as the fountains go....yeah you can bet that I'll be playing in that as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment