Sunday, July 24, 2011

7 months in Fast Forward.....part 3

 April 2011....When I was helping Austin get dressed and ready for his junior prom, I didn't realize that it was gonna be his first and last prom. Because the following month I found out this was gonna be his last year in High School. I'll explain more later about that though...
 This is my son and his sweet little girlfriend getting ready to go..actually we had to make a pit stop at the dress shop to make some adjustments to her dress first then we were off to get some good prom pictures....
 such a sweet moment...as he was putting this on her arm I was thinking about my own wedding pictures of when he was putting my husbands boutonniere on him....he was only 5 then...
 She had her dress cut so that it would show off her gorgeous cowgirl boots! I just love them!
 Austin told me that he wished he could of worn his cowboy boots.

 lots of giggling going on...it really was a fun time with these two. They had myself and her mom cracking up. Loads of fun and Lots of good memories.
 such an adorable little couple....



Hope that you all enjoyed getting to see one of the things that was keeping me busy in the month of April. I have to admit that once they got back in the truck and headed off to meet up with their friends. The tears started flowing....by the time that I was on the interstate headed home I was in crying hysterically. I so want him to experience everything in life but at that moment I didn't feel like life was treating me very well because I wanted to just swoop him up in my arms and take him home and rock him to sleep again like I used to every night when he was a baby. Yes "Empty Nest Syndrome" had set in and there wasn't anything that anyone could say or do to make me feel any better about it so I went into a deep dark depression...even worse than what I had already been in. But he told me that it was the time of his life and that's exactly what I wanted it to be for him. I would never want him to know just how bad it was hurting my heart to see him all grown up and starting to move on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment