Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I went junkin' today....

Hey everyone! Yes can you believe it? I got out and finally went junkin' today! That's the first time in almost a year that I've been. I shiver to think of all the wonderful things that I've missed, however I did find some really neat things today! I just love this one thrift store. It's so nice and ALWAYS has something that I feel like I can't live without .  Let me go over some of the things that I bought and what I plan on using them for. I'll start at the top and I hope that the picture is clear enough for you to see all these "treasures" that I found.
In the upper left hand corner there are three tarnished brass bugles. I plan on making a Christmas wreath and putting those on it. Now one of them however is quite short so I'm curious to see if I could use it on the front of a Christmas mini album. Not sure if it's possible or not but hey for .49 it's worth a shot right? I found a spool of some old string that I thought might come in handy for any craft project so I'll tuck that in my stash I thought.
In the upper right hand corner you can see three books. An encyclopedia, an olllld dictionary, and one that's labeled Family album. In the family album there are a ton of old poems and quotes that I thought would be perfect torn or cut out to use on layouts for my scrapbooking. I also plan on using the old aged dictionary and encylopedia for layouts. I found a brand new little birds nest and I'm sorry I have this thing for birds and bird nests. Not sure what I'll do with it yet but I couldn't leave it laying there. Then the other little thing in the white package is a tiny little hinge. I'm thinking of making some kind of "door" for a mini album. Not sure if it would work out but then again it's worth a shot. I only gave .29 for it. Each of the hardback books were only $1!
In the lower left hand corner, you can see a music book and an American Heritage book. Same idea run through my head with both of these....you can rip them up and using them on layouts. I gave $1 for the hardback and $.50 for the music book. Then on top of the books you can see a pink belt and a black pair of suspenders. Ok, now try to visualize this in your head. The pink belt...it has a really pretty rhinestone buckle and the belt can be cut to any length and then you can always hem the end back up after you have the length you want. I was thinking about using it as a closure for a mini album! And then the suspenders....I looked and looked to see if I could figure out a way to make it work as a closure and I can't figure it out BUT since it's such a beautiful lacy looking pattern I can always cut it up and use it like ribbon on an album or layout. I only gave $1 each for them.
Ok lastly, in the lower right hand corner you can see some doillies and some confetti. I use dollies already in my albums so these had a different pattern on them so I just had to have them. I gave a whopping $.19 for them. Then the confetti I plan on using it in a shaker box for scrapbooking. I can't rememeber how much they were but I'm sure it wasn't much.
It felt so good to get out today and do some junkin' I had missed it so bad. Thank you Brenda for going with me. It was a spur of the moment thing and I loved it!
Ok ya'll stick around cause I have more to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. Girly too funny! I picked up those little girly princes tiarras at the dollar tree also! I thought they were just too cute. The christmas stuff is not out yet, at least not the $store, cuase lord knows its out EVERYWHERE else! I feel so rushed when they do that! lol I havent even planned Thanksgiving and all I can think is that I'm late for Christmas! lol Thanks for sharing this with us.
    xoxox
    take care and keep in touch!
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete