Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Revamping all of my outdoor pillows...

 Hi all! So here is a little bit of what I've been doing lately. Since I had decided to use the nautical theme on my front deck I just jumped in and got started to make that happen and here your going to get so see part of the results. So far....I took my old rocker cushions and recovered those as you can see below....
 I added a little more foam to them cause they were starting to get a little worn out where you sit at. Then I painted the life ring on as well as the rope but I used some white quilt seam binding to make the little straps that supposedly holds that rope to the life ring. I wanted a 3D effect of some  kind. I made 2 of these for our front deck.
Then I went on to recovering the other pillows that were on my bench and once again I used the nautical theme. The sailboat and anchor are both hand painted and then heat set so they will stay on once they are washed. My next sewing project for out there is to make new cushions for the chairs that we use when the weather is nice outside. Then hopefully the rainy weather will be passed and I'll be able to restain my top and both of the rocking chairs. My bench needs a good touch up as well with some paint so I'll need to get that done.
Have a good night everyone! I'll be back with more as soon as I can get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment