Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fireplace facelift.....

 I'm back! I forgot to take the picture with the doors in it for the before picture but the doors had the brass trim on them and well.....that just wasn't gonna work and needed to be updated and since I like and need to do my decorating on a dime...I just simply had my husband take the doors off and I painted the brass black using the High Heat paint that I found at Lowes.
So I finished that up and still didn't like the looks of the fireplace and so I just went for it and painted the brick on the inside of the fireplace using the same High Heat paint to clean everything up....now I'm really pleased with it!
Next project will be a long hard one for me which will be the walls and will take me a while so when I come up MIA again at least you'll know what I'm doing.....Have a great day everyone and I'll see ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely fireplace. It will be so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are making progress on your room. Your back will heal soon I hope and u can get your room totaly done.. Baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day !!

    ReplyDelete