Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to Junkin' and loving it!

Hi all! I thought that I had missed the big Tree Street yard sale this year that is in our area but luckily for me it wasn't until this past weekend. I had such a good time and found some good stuff as well. Mr. Candy Creek went along with myself and another junkin' buddy of mine and even though we were worn to a frazzle by the end of the day, we would of done it all over again. I love this vintage oscillating fan that I ran across.
 Here is a picture of my total loot.....I can't hardly wait to get started redoing some of my finds and fitting them to my liking.
 Not sure if I'll be able to keep my husband off of this sled when the snow starts flying or not. He's been talking about how he rode one as a kid and how he loved it.
   Can't hardly wait to get a liner made for this because it's going to be so nice to use while I'm out junkin'
I just loved these. One of them is a McCoy. They are so sweet.
  I'm a sucker for plates, cups, saucers or anything in the dishware line with roses. And these Watkins cookbooks really caught my eye as well. One is a 1938 and the other is a 1948 and it even has some handwritten recipes in them.
If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know that I have this thing for nest, eggs, birds and such and then the little in is actually a ladies face powder tin with a glass insert in it. It would be darling to use for loose jewelry.
And last but not least. I had to show you how we did the Tree Street Yard sale this year. The big yellow "banana" aka slide wasn't something that came home with us that went with my friend for her grandbabies. This is the second time we had loaded he cart up before we had to go unload before refilling. It doesn't get any better than that!
I went junkin' while I was in Oklahoma as well and will take pictures of my treasures from out there so I can share with you.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment