Friday, September 14, 2012

Pantry door change up....

 Hi everyone, I hope that you are all having a good day. I wanted to share with you a remedy that I came up with for something that has been driving me NUTTY for years. I am constantly having to scrub my pantry door with Windex or whatever to get greasy fingerprints off and about every 3 weeks then I've had to go touch of the paint around the handle. I've even gotten to where I would use exterior trim paint thinking that would surely be tougher paint and would hold up....not so much as much as I was scrubbing it. So even though I will still be disinfecting the area around the handle at least maybe this will help it not look so horrible and be an eye sore for me. Note in the before picture I had already taped off around the handle to paint it white yet once again. NOT this time though...I changed my pantry door from this to.....
THIS!!!! I'm so happy with it. I wanted to add a little something special to it once it was painted black so that it didn't look like a black hole and deliberately didn't place the PANTRY writing where the handle is so that just in case I need to do some touch up then I wouldn't have to worry about repainting the wording as well. I like how it turned out...what do you all think??
Hope that you all have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Robin, LOVE how that door turned out.. LOOKS so great with the rest of the room. Did you use hand paint the letters?? Awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Yeah they are hand painted on. I liked how it turned out. It's not nearly as pretty as your pantry door but I'm happy with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete