Monday, August 27, 2012

New Hackler Reunion mini album that's not so "mini"

                                       WARNING THIS POST IS PICTURE HEAVY!!!
Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I posted anything and I apologize for that but I've been on the go for it seems like forever now. Life has gotten in the way of crafting. But I did make this mini album for the annual Hackler reunion. This is the second one that I've made for my family to enjoy. Although I refer to this album as a mini album it really isn't small at all. It measures 9"x6 1/2"x2 3/4". It's just a really good size to be able to fill full of pictures which is what I needed in this case. Also I tried not to make it to fancy with lots and lots of movable parts that could get damaged with everyone looking at it. I really tried to make it as simple as possible.
 I used numerous different scrapbook papers from several designers. Here is the side view showing what I used as a closure for it.
 When it's opened up, if you chose to you could leave it as a display with all the pictures showing all the way around. It's just another option if you chose to do so. I took a picture from above to show you.
 Here is what it looks like sitting on display and opened up. I even thought it would be neat to have this on a dowel rod in the center and fix it so that somehow it would spin.
                         Here you can see that I used lots of different embellishments just for fun!

 To make it easier for my family to follow through looking at the album I added tabs and wrote what action they needed to take in order to reveal more pictures. I wrote things like "lift" or "pull".




                     I think that by adding those it made it a lot easier for them to see everything.








As always I enjoyed making the album. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the reunion this year but had my mother take the album to share with everyone for many years to come. So since I wasn't there because I was sick, that means I didn't get any pictures either so that I could make an album for next year. That saddens me because I really wanted to make that a little tradition. But like I said earlier in this post....life has been getting in the way and things happen that are out of your control. I hope that you enjoyed looking at my album. If you would like to know how I put this album together please let me know by leaving me a message in my comment box and I will do a tutorial for you. It was super easy.
Thanks everyone and I hope that you have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment