Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Hi everyone and Happy Halloween! I finally drug myself out of bed today where I've been being held captive by first a stomach virus and now what seems to be the flu. I had been craving something that I could actually taste. So I got up and made a big pot of chili, a pan of mexican cornbread and then I wanted something to do with pumpkin so I ran across this recipe on the internet and just had to try it. I wanted to do something nice for my boys today and for myself as well. So I just had to share with you this recipe cause it is sooooo good! The muffins are really moist and just so yummy.
I'm off to the doctors in the morning. As soon as I wake up I'm calling and begging for them to please get me in. I've taken all this mess that I can possibly tolerate.
So anyway, here's the recipe....hope you enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (15oz can)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (I used pecans)

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar, melted butter, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Beat for 90 seconds or until well mixed.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, stirring until no streaks remain.

Combine flour mixture and pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts and raisins. Stirring only until all ingredients are mixed.

Cover batter and allow to stand at room temp for one hour.

Preheat oven at 400 degrees

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 of the way full.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffin tops spring back after lightly touched.

Brush tops of muffins with melted butter while still warm and sprinkle lightly with sugar.


Now kick your heels up and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment