Sunday, April 18, 2010

Handmade purse album cont......

Hey there and welcome back! Ok so this is a picture of how I did the binding for this album.
Just cut strips of cardstock that are 9"x 2" and score in the center. Then use the terrifically tacky tape and as your cardstock is folded place the tape about 1/8" of an inch from the edge. This way it will give you some room for expansion in your album when you start embellishing it and filling it with pictures and such and it want pop open so bad on you. Now like I said I haven't made my tags for the album yet or all the pull out tabs either so mine is pretty naked right now but it want be for long cause this is when I'll be able to put my Cricut to good use with all the embellishments that I plan on using.
Also another note. If you don't want an album this size and would prefer one smaller then by all means you could use the smaller manila envelopes and make a smaller one you would just have to do a bit of adjusting on your measurements for the cover. I wanted my cover much larger than the pages so that the embellishments that I plan on putting in the album didn't show.
If you have any questions whatsoever about this album and how I put it together then by all means please send me a comment and I'll help you in any way that I possibly can. If you don't ask then I can't help you. So give me some feedback if I wasn't clear enough on how this all came together. But most importantly I hope that each and every one of you have a wonderful day and don't forget to stop back by sometime and see what else I have cooking.
(psssst I already have an idea for another mini album)

No comments:

Post a Comment