Friday, April 2, 2010

Black and White Manilla Envelope Album

I'm back! I went on a scrapbooking retreat a couple weeks ago and am really having a hard time getting back into the swing of things but I did make a couple more mini albums using the manila envelopes, except this time I found some white ones and thought hmmm what better way to use them as to make a black and white album with black and white and sepia tone photos. So that's exactly what I did here. I'm really enjoying making these little albums and really want to make another one but I'm afraid that you all are going to get tired of seeing them (which is what I was thinking this time). But I just had to share this one with you anyway. The paper that I used is from DCWV and is the Bella Boutique stack. I found it at Michael's and it has a raised feel to it that is like velvet...it's so yummy and I just loved it
On the inside I added some paper flowers from Creative Memories and rhinestone centers. I had found sheets of self stick rhinestones in the dollar bin at Michael's and I'm loving them, only wish that I had picked up more of them.
As you can see, I've taken some of my favorite pictures of all times and turned them into black and white and sepia tones and added them to the album. I just love the way that it's turning out and the little slide pocket is so perfect. You just can't believe how many photos you can put in one of these albums. Matter of fact I ran out of pictures and am scrounging around trying to find more of my favs to add in it.
Here is the back side to the previous page and you can see how the little flap coin pocket opens up to where you can add even more pictures or journaling. Like I said I'm still trying to locate enough pictures to finish it up and actually found some but wouldn't you know it my scanner is wanting to give me a fit and not behave so I'll have to wait til my husband gets home so he can remedy that problem.
The Retreat? Ohhhhh let me tell you it was wonderful. We didn't have any classes on anything special it was more just a gathering of ladies doing what we love best (or one of the things I love best) and that's scrapbooking. It lasted from Thursday through Sunday and my only regret was that it didn't last longer. The food was out of this world! We had a professional chef whipping up the vittles for us and he was a nutritionist as well so he knew his stuff....let me tell you what I wouldn't give to be cooked for like that all the time cause I could get used to it in a hurry. It was located in the most serene place.....right on the tip top of a mountain and there were little cabins scattered here and there all over it. But the other ladies and myself had the big conference center all to ourselves and bunked downstairs. It was like summer camp! Since I never had the opportunity to go to summer camp something like this was actually on my "bucket list" and I was able to check it off. However, in November I'm planning on doing it all over again if my health will hold out for me. Ohhhh and we also had a massage therapist that came in and gave us the best massages ever was. You know sitting around scrapbooking, crafting, sewing and such how tight your muscles can get? Well she took care of that for us. It was just really an excellent weekend.
Well I'm off to see what else I can find to share with you. I need to go to the craft room and get to crackin' on something different.....I'm sorry but I'm just hung up on making these little mini albums right now though. Have a great day everyone and a very Blessed Easter if I don't see you beforehand.....

No comments:

Post a Comment