Thursday, June 18, 2020

Princess baby shower (the devil in the details)

Hi everyone! I did want to share with you some of the details of the baby shower. Since we worked on setting up right up until the very last second (and beyond a little).
So I'm going to breakdown some of the different tables. The picture above of course is the guest registration table and was on the right hand side as soon as you walked thru the door. We used a table that the venue already had (hence their sign) I thought that it worked perfectly.
The tablecloth was found on clearance at Michaels and I actually purchased 2 of them. I'll save them and use them again for some other event or gathering I'm sure because they were so pretty. The white lantern that you see is actually one that I've reused from our wedding. I just added the little tutu at the bottom of it which was purchased from Michaels and was also part of their Easter clearance. Along with the gold rose in front. The little baby book wasn't one that I had made (I ran out of time but you know that many will be made for our precious bundle of joy), I actually found this on clearance at Michaels as well. Then the white basket....well I've had this white basket for so many years that I have lost track. I did make the little tutu ruffle for it by making strips of tulle and tying it to bakers twine. (pssst....if you're planning on doing this be sure to allow A LOT of time) I had originally planned on using it for a game for the shower but since the Covid thing and all, we decided that games was something we would steer clear of. But since I had already spent so much time on making the basket we just popped some flowers inside along with some pink tissue paper and left it as is.
Its sad that as a paper crafter I not only didn't have time to make a baby mini album for her but I also didn't have time to make a guest registry either. But I did find this little gold journal at Walgreens of all places along with the pink furry top pen to use. I figured that it would slide in the back of the little store bought mini album and our daughter would be able to not only remember who all came to her shower but would be able to see who bought what since one of her best friends sat beside her and made a list. She was really helpful in helping decorate and take notes. The other things on the table were borrowed from the venue. The balloons were purchased from Target and I had found some little pink buckets that I placed white tutus on to dress them up a bit. Then to fill the bucket, I used pink Easter grass that I had found yet again on clearance along with all those little store bought tutus.
**just a little note about that. If you can find them store bought and inexpensive like I did, then save yourself some time and grab them.
Lets talk dessert table! YUM! So we felt like the table needed a little more than just a white table cloth and since this venue was so big we needed to make an impact anywhere that we could. My son's girlfriend was my right hand in decorating and helping with this shower. She let me borrow some of her table sashes that she had left over from her sisters wedding. I knew that we would use them on some of the food tables and such but wasn't exactly certain how we would use them. I wanted to keep them protected from stains so this is what came up with. Please remember that we were all in a mad rush to get everything done and didn't have time for final tweaks and touch-ups before guests started arriving. (sadly) But I had tossed some silk flowers in my decorators bag prior to shower day...thankfully. Because we felt like it needed something else. So this was the end result. Olivia (my son's girlfriend) was so resourceful, she took her ponytail holders to gather the center of the scarf and then we used pins to hold the flowers as well as the scarf on.
Like I said before, Olivia was my right hand and so helpful. She even made these chocolate dipped pretzels as well as the chocolate dipped oreos. I'm not sure if you can see the details but she's added sprinkles AND little crowns to them. How precious is that???
Moving on the cupcakes. These were red velvet cupcakes and they were so good! Our daughters friend made these for us. I made the 3 tier trays. They flanked either end of the table. They are nothing more than painted plate chargers from the Dollar Tree and little glass votive candle holders for risers. What you can't see in the pictures is that I added some table scatter where the candle would have sat. Because I didn't want a void and felt like it needed some detail. I thought that I had taken a picture so that you could see that detail but obviously I did not. I don't even have the stands any longer because our daughters friend was wanting to use them for a Mary Kay party. The little roses that are placed on the tiers are some that I made. I didn't make a tutorial on them but will gladly do that if you're wanting to see how it was done. I wound up making 96 onsie cupcake toppers using a Fiskars punch and added little gold punched hearts.
So as I said earlier, my right hand Olivia made chocolate covered oreos. Look how pretty they are! She even added little baby feet to them! They tasted even better than they looked too! So the center tray???? Like I've said before work was happening right up til the last minute and to be quite honest I do not remember what placed there in the end.
Here is what our drink station looked like. We used the dispensers from the venue and the choices was water, sweet tea (we're Southern here ya'll), pink raspberry lemonade, and unsweetened tea. We used the same decor on this table as the we did on the dessert table.
Lets talk food!! The event was actually catered by the venue. The food was so good (what I was able to eat) I completely missed the spinach dip that everyone was raving about sadly. But what I did manage to eat was so good and I loved how she laid the table out.
You'll notice to the left of the picture, there is another table. That table had all of our plates and utensils on them. I made up all of the utensil with pink and white polka dot napkins and made little gold crown napkin rings for each one. I believe that there were close to 100 of those that I had made up.

Yes I did make that decorations flanking the wood installment. These are jumbo roses the same as the ones that I used on the floral backdrop and then I made a 12" rosette along with some smaller ones and added more of the palm frond leaves and little green leaves. These were attached using Zot glue dots so that it didn't damage the wood in any manner.

 This is another little spot that I wasn't real sure what to do with. The shelves and planter box was already there and permanent fixtures. Had I had loads of money to throw in this baby shower I would of probably hung lots and lots of draperies up to hide some of the electrical Filled this planter box with gorgeous roses and ivy draping over....but I had to work with what we could afford. So this is the outcome. I actually assigned this little area to one of our daughters friends who is super creative. I had everything that I thought I would be using here in a box. I handed it to her told her to put her magical touch on it. She wasn't certain what to do with the little dresses and clothes so I suggested a clothesline. I actually had the little dress hanging on the right hand side all prepared to have a balloon inside and sitting. It was really cute when I tried it at home but I think this worked wonderfully as well. The large rose in the corner is one that I made. I actually had thought about tossing it because it just didn't look exactly right to me and it was the first jumbo rose I had made.....I didn't like the size or shape at all but wound up keeping it and on its side looks cute on the shelf I thought. The E was a clearance item I had found at Michaels and the little baby block is left over from the gender reveal party. It's actually an exploding box that I need to get back from mommy so I can put a mini album inside it for them.
We didn't know if "daddy" was going to be here or not. You know now its quite common to see fathers at the baby showers. But this little table was set for the two of them just in case. And if you're wondering...he didn't show up until right at the end of the shower so this table was never used.
So the tables don't look anything like I had planned prior to the pandemic. I was planning on putting pink tulle on the tables on top of the white linens and setting each place. Yes they were going to be paper plates but I had planned on setting them with the pink and gold place settings and the little wrapped utensils. This would of made the tables look much more put together. However, we had to accommodate for and be thoughtful of keeping everyone as safe as possible and the tables looked sparse. I'll show you a little "mock up" that I did at home prior to the shower.
Since the pink tulle was going to be out (because of time restraint more than anything) and that I wasn't going to be able to set each place setting the way I had originally planned either. So I grabbed some pink cotton napkins from home, opened up some cute little paper gold crowns and used the centerpieces that I had made along with some of the table scatter. It was sparse and not at all what I had envisioned but it is what it is.....
Here is another picture of the little crepe paper flowers that I made and used Dollar Tree vases (painted) with tulle and ribbon attached. I also filled them with some more pink Easter grass and added the little baby blocks as well by puncturing a small hole in the bottom of them and gluing a skewer in them. If you're interested in making these little crepe paper roses here is the link where I did a tutorial on them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRjzztOXKg
This is the area where all the gifts were sitting and where mom-to-be would be sitting to open her gifts. I'll show a picture of the giant baby blocks when they were still here at home so you can see those better but they are 12x12 blocks that I made from scratch using chipboard, wrapping paper, decorative precious moments scrapbook paper and I used my Cricut to cut out the jumbo letters. I did cut them several times so that they would have some depth to them.
So here is the area where she sat and opened her gifts. She wound up doing this part virtually so that those who didn't feel comfortable to come to the shower could still feel like they were part of it. This is another one of the jumbo roses and rosette clusters that I did. I did 3 of these in total not including the backdrop. Then I also wanted a little something hanging from this mantle so I made more small rosettes and simply glued them to ribbon. There is another one of the re-used white lanterns with a little tutu placed in the floor for a little more color.
So now, if you'd like to see the short video tour of the shower decorations you can find it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8mZcsi4bYY
I also found more pictures on my phone of some of the things that I didn't realize I had until now....in it you will find detailed pictures of the table scatter I placed in the cupcake stands and a variety of other pictures that I took while I was making everything....I want go into detail on them...they will speak for themselves.





 This was how we had to work on getting the flowers on the foam core board correctly....it was only at 4' at the time but of course raised at the venue to 8'
 what the little balloon in the dress looked like....
and last but not least....here is my little Zoe. She loves wearing tutu dresses but I couldn't make her understand that this tutu that I was making for the table was just entirely too big for her. LOL
Thanks for stopping by everyone! I hope that you're having a wonderful day and enjoyed the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment