Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Canopy Bed Diaper Cake (with tutorial)

Just as I promised, I have another diaper cake for you. This one is for a baby girl as well as you can see. So my inspiration from this one came from looking at children's furniture and to be honest, it's probably the easiest and most cost effective diaper cake that I have made yet. You will find links to my youtube channel where I did another "make/craft with me" type video. There are only 3 parts to this one. But in the meantime, I'm going to show you some of the detailed and up close pictures for you here. Also, please note that I decided to add an extra "poof" in the little drapes hanging down on each post. This I did not show in my video but I did it by simply adding some ribbon and fluffing the receiving blankets.
 I'm just going to explain to you what detail it is that I'm trying to show in each of the pictures. Please follow the links below for the video tutorial and you can revert back to these close ups as reference.
The above picture is the gold wire footboard that I created using 16 gauge wire. Its a little fussy to work with but just take your time and you'll get a design that you're happy with.

In this picture I was trying to give you a better view of what the wood crown headboard looked like.
 and this one shows what behind the headboard looks like. Remember that wood crown is actually another gift for the mom and dad to be. (you'll understand more when you watch the tutorial)
 I wish that I had checked this picture before now because it's a little blurry but I think you can still see the little mittens I've used as finials for the canopy.
 Here is a close up of the ceiling. I wanted you to see what it looked like inserted after everything is finished and some of these views would of been almost impossible to show you with the camera on the tripod. (Don't forget to take some scotch tape with you to the baby shower so you can steady your canopy top when you set it up at the shower. Since it is certainly easier to transport in 2 pieces.)
 When I was filming my video, the tiarra just wouldn't show up very well. The light reflection made it difficult. I do realize that it's sitting a little crooked here but I did straighten it back up.
 Here it is at the baby shower sitting on the other end of the table from the Princess carriage diaper cake. You can see the tutu skirt as well that I made and simply went over a white tablecloth.
Here is another view of it. I didn't bother to crop this picture and you can see (on the left hand side of the picture) the gift station where everyone dropped their gifts.
So if you would like to make one for yourself. There are 3 videos in this little series. You can see those videos here:


Video for part 1

video for part 2

video for part 3
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy this latest diaper cake creation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment