Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A poster and an old frame..

Hey all....well I think that I'm coming back to life again. Just going to have to take those baby steps to make sure that I don't land back in bed for two weeks. So anyway, I was walking around the house thinking...hmmm what can I share with everyone today and this is what I found. I had bought a poster off the internet and wanted to use it so bad. So after digging through all my old frames I finally found one that would fit it perfectly. I just put a quick coat of black paint on the frame then sanded it real good to give it that shabby distressed look and added a wood applique that I found at Wal-Mart. Its now displayed on a shelf in my hallway and I just love it.
Now that I'm starting to feel better, ya'll just peek back in soon cause surely I can find something to talk to you about.....

3 comments:

  1. Hello friend...what a beautiful picture this turned out to be! I do hope you are feeling better and able to get around again.....and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend's mother...I pray that God touch and comfort her and her family in her hour of hurt and loss....take care girl and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been unwell, I hope it is only onwards and upwards from here. The poster is great. I got an original poster for Woodstock off the internet and had fun mounting and framing it, with the lady Aquarius on it I just love it.
    Take care and have a lovely week,
    xxx
    Starry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi "Sis Robin"
    I love the black frame with the roses..of course that is a beauty of a print. Glad your up and moving..but take those baby steps..NO Grubbin' for a while ! I know spring is in the air...but don't you dare.get carried away and over do it.!

    ReplyDelete