Sunday, November 10, 2013

Easel Desk Organizers....

 Hi Everyone! Here is another little project that I've made lately. This started out as an easel card but I took it one step further. I followed a tutorial that jppeggy2 had taught and was super easy to make. But I thought that it would be even nicer if it were a desk organizer to keep everything at your fingertips and look nice on top of that. So in the first picture you can see how the easel part lays flat at first if you don't wish to open it or for wrapping/shipping.
 
 For the first one I happened to have some note cards, binder and paper clips and extra post it notes to place inside the little drawer that I made and used a Tim Holtz metal knob for the pull.
 Here is what it looks like with the easel standing up. The card/easel tucks in behind the post it notes to keep it upright. I had gotten these post it notes in a grab bag at Michaels last month and it couldn't of worked out any more perfectly. The pencils I found I at the Dollar Store. The stamp is a Tim Holtz one that I found discounted at Tuesday Morning along with an entire box of flower embellishments that I've used on all of the organizers that I made.
Here are two more that I made. However, the little notepads that are shown in the picture are just there to hold to the easels up to take the pictures. I need to get some more post it notes. I actually made 4 in total of these. I used the Country Charm papers that Ashliegh from Scrapsbuttonsnbows sent me (Thank you Ashliegh!) and the "knobs" that I used for these organizers are actually large beads that I found on clearance at Walmart back in the early spring of this year. I found the entire bag of them for only $2. I wish that I had bought 2 bags now of them because I love them so much. The charms dangling from the stamped saying are Martha Stewart charms that were also bought on clearance from Walmart and each bag was under $1. I also used some of the flat back pearls that Ashliegh sent me for my flower centers.
I just love these little desk organizers. They are not only functional but pretty as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by and of course I have more to show you. I have been a busy little bee bird elf lately and have lots more to not only make but to show as well. Now if I could just figure out a way to have better time management........but it's my favorite time of the year. I am so much in the Christmas spirit that it isn't even funny. Mr. Candy Creek and my son have already gotten all of the decorations out of attic and they are patiently waiting for me to start decorating. I needed them down so I could better plan plus Mr. Candy Creek said that we needed a new Christmas tree this year because our other one wouldn't stay lit last year and he didn't want to mess with trying to repair it again this year.
Have a happy Sunday everyone! I'll be back soon with more things to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment