Tuesday, October 29, 2013

More mini albums....

 Hi everyone! I wasn't kidding when I said I had made a few more toilet paper mini albums. Some of them aren't made with the toilet paper rolls. I used regular card stock on several of them because I was tired of taking the cardboard centers out of all of the rolls in the house and linen closet. I'm not a big fan of Halloween things for myself personally but couldn't help myself but to work on something for the holiday. I will sell these next year since I don't have a child that dresses up anymore. I used Close to my heart papers for this mini and the little house on the front is from Martha Stewart from several years ago that I had bought on clearance.
 The house actually lights up by a push of a button and is actually kind of cool!
 In the back of the mini album I made a gusset pocket for a couple of tag with pictures OR you could always put a small candy bar in the back.

 This is the next Halloween mini that I made and I was inspired to use the "webbing" after I saw Ashliegh's from Scrapsbuttonsnbows. She used this and mod podged it on for a creepy scary look.
 The spiders I had found at the $ store several years ago and they were actually kid rings but I just snipped the ring part off and added a little bit of red fingernail polish so the 8 legged critters would show up a little better.
 This is what the back of the album looks like with the little spider on top.....hiding behind the tombstone.
Oops!
I'm sorry that some of these pictures are sideways. I spent entirely to much time trying to get them straight and finally gave up. I intentionally ran the "webbing" haphazardly as you open the album and used black Velcro for my closure.

 I had to add these little skeletons. I guess I could call this album the Achmed mini album.....
 The tags for the album, I thought would be cute if they looked like headstones and would go with the theme of the album.
 Ashliegh from Scrapsbuttonsnbows gifted me with the papers that I used as well as this skull that I used in the back. Thank you Ashliegh!
 I made this mini at the end of August for my son for his birthday. I really tried to make it look industrial and manly but I have a problem with manly crafts. I really like how it turned out though.

 I added pictures of my son that were taken either on his birthday each year of his life or ones that were taken right after his birthday which happens to be around the time that his school pictures were taken. What I wanted to show my son since he just turned 20 is what a difference 10 years makes.
 So as he flipped each page he would pull out the tag and could see how he had changed in 10 years. I want even go into how much I cried while making this album.
 Then this last mini I made for my nephew and niece who just bought their first home. I thought it would be fun for them to add pictures in it of their first major investment. I fussy cut the rooster out of the paper pad I was using and made the little flowers and Home Sweet Home sign and put the sign on pop dots.
I added charms to this little mini...a key, lock, fleur de lis and tassel. On the inside front and back, I added gusseted pockets for more room for extra photos.
Thank you all for stopping by to see a few more things that I've been making. This is all that I've been making though. I have plenty more to share with you.
Have a wonderful day and may God Bless each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, both of those are so cute ! Love the Halloween one that lights up.. very clever ! I bet the new home owners are going to treasure that mini for their new home. Great job, as always !

    ReplyDelete