Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Christmas mini album for 2013

WARNING THIS POST WILL BE PICTURE HEAVY!!!

 Hi everyone! Here is the Christmas mini album that I will be using this year for family photos. I used an older line by K&Co for the papers except for a couple of them and they were gifted to me. I used a couple of Sizzix dies. The NOEL one I covered with some cheaper glitter glue that I found at Tuesday Morning. Bought an entire pack for I think $3 with different colors in it. I also used Stickles in different places on the cover and throughout the mini. I also used a photo framing kit that was gifted to me that had several things in it and was kind of my jumping point for the mini album. That kit was by Heidi Swapp and it too is a much older kit...I believe it was like 2005 or something.
 You can see that it is quite chunky. But it wouldn't be one of my mini's if it weren't chunky.
 Here is another side view of how thick it is and gives you a sneak peak of what is inside.
 This is the inside of the front cover and the very first page. For the page I used Elsa's tutorial from Just a Few Designs. You can find a link to her page on the right hand side of my page under "My Blog List".
 There are a lot of room in just this one page for pictures and she only used one sheet of 12 x 12 paper to make it.
 This is that same page flipped up so you can see 2 more photo mats just waiting for pictures.
 and another picture of that same page just a different view.

 Here is the first of the photo frames that came in the kit. It had rub on's in the kit as well and so I used those on the frames . I added some sheet music as well to the bottom and used one of the flowers that I found several for a $1 at Michael's in the $1 bin. There are little file tabs at the tops of all of the photo frames where it will be easier to slide the pictures in an out with no problem.
 This next page I can't remember where I learned to make this page. I have lost where I wrote the information down at. It to may have been one of Elsa's designs but I'm just not sure. I'm so sorry.
 The book continues to repeat throughout the entire album. The picture frames are really the only thing that changes. Not all of the frames in the kit were the same size.

 But here is something different and something that I've never added to an album before. It's like a junk journal. I had asked a lady named Roxy to show me how she made her junk journals where she just used her scraps to make these neat little books and she directed me to where I could find the information. In this Christmas junk journal I will be adding things like "what I made for Christmas this year such as crafts, foods, gifts ect." and anything else that I find interesting leading up to it. Just like I will be adding that the first snow fall of the season for us was yesterday.








Well that's my 2013 Christmas mini that will soon be filled with all of my Christmas memories. I hope that you enjoyed looking at it and that maybe you yourself find some inspiration in it somewhere.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll be back soon. This isn't the only Christmas crafts I've been doing. I have loads more of things that I've made.
Have a wonderful day/night and I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment