Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More Christmas 2009

Well I'm finally done with all my decorating. I bought a new tree this year and I'm still not sure if I like it or not. It's not as full as my other tree but my husband and son love it and it's not as heavy so that means it will make it easier on them to put in the attic...hmmm makes me wonder if that's part of the reason they like it so well. Anyway, I decided to go with an all red tree this year so I picked up some new red balls at Hobby Lobby and added just a few of my ornaments that I already had. And honey when I say a few I mean I could only use just a handful of my other ornaments.
Of course I added the little girls shoes that I add to the tree every year. These shoes have sentimental reasons behind them sitting in the tree. They represent the two pregnancies that I wasn't able to carry to full term. One was a set of twins and the other would have been a single birth. I guess really I should have 3 sets of shoes but this has always served the purpose of not forgetting about those that we lost.
This picture didn't come out so well for some reason. The material in these ornaments has black flecks in them. I made these ornaments 2 years ago and was able to get them on the tree this year. The button in the center is black as well but why it showed up like a silver button is beyond me. Maybe I should be taking photography classes this coming year....
This of course is my snowmen collection. Once again you can't see it in the picture but the top snowmen has back lighting and really pretty in person. My mom has bought most of these for me over the years.
I already had these lanterns hanging on this wall but this year thought it would look cute to add some pine around the tops and bottoms of them, then I was able to use the pictures that I found on ebay last year in this spot to go with the old world Santa Claus's and the stack of books that I ripped the hardbacks off of, stacked together, added some gold ribbon, a BELIEVE metal ornament and a primitive Santa tag. If you want to make one for yourself they are super easy and you can use any ribbon you like and could always go online to find a Christmas image for your tag. The metal ornaments can be found about anywhere. Matter of fact I saw some yesterday at Hobby Lobby as well as Wal-Mart.
I have one more thing to share with you but will have to do that in the next blog.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment