Thursday, October 13, 2016

Housewarming Shower

I'm so happy to say that my son has purchased his first home. So of course I had to throw him a housewarming shower! I needed to make sure that I kept it "manly" so I went with a "Moving" theme. The little Thank you gifts were the first thing that I made for the shower. I had seen these on Pinterest and just ran with it. Of course I found the little candles at Dollar Tree and made the little shipping tags myself. I covered a box that I had on hand with plain brown kraft paper and added a sign and added some washi tape for decoration to the sign on the box.
I apologize that these pictures want be in any certain order as to when I made these things and during the party...so please just bare with me as I explain what all that I did for the party.

 These are the invitations that I came up with. I used kraft cardstock for the invites as well as the envelopes. What I did forget to take a picture of was the envelopes in the way that I addressed them. They were so cute. I did a chalkboard font in my lettering each one. I believe that the stamps that I used for the invites are from inkadinkadoo and are a couple of different sets. Then I simply used some bakers twine from the dollar spot at Michael's for decoration.
 
I wanted to make sure that I made a guest book for my son so that he could remember who all came and on the inside cover where everyone was signing in I wrote a request that each person not only sign their name but to also give some homeowners advice to him. For example, "be sure to change your air filter the first of each month and check the batteries in your smoke detectors". To make the guest book I simply altered a $1 composition book from Dollar Tree and added kraft paper for the front and back covers. Then using my die cutting machine to cut out the lettering. I then added some little squares to make "boxes" and I put dimensional foam on the back for dimension along with some bakers twine. I also added some washi tape and then simply added a pen attached with more bakers twine to keep the pen with the book.
 This is how I did the display for the food. Going along with the moving theme I added some kraft paper shred as a base. Then I added some paint brushes in between each platter. I also used some of the dollar spot chalkboard signs from Michael's and labeled the food. In the far back of the food platters you can see where I have the peanuts stored. Those little containers I did make but forgot to take a close up picture of them. I bought Dollar Tree glass candle sticks along with 3 glass lidded jars from Dollar Tree as well and glued them on top using E-6000 glue then spray painted the lids black and found some little clear plastic tongs at Dollar Tree as well in the party section. Oh and I almost forgot to tell you that I had found some chalkboard labels in the dollar spot as well at Michael's and added those to the fronts of each elevated jar.
 This is the burlap sign that I made for his front entry welcoming everyone into his party.
 I had a couple of these tables set up for him. Yet I forgot to take a picture of the one for his gifts. I made another burlap sign that hung on it. The one in the picture above is how I had set up the welcoming table and placed the thank you gifts for everyone to grab on their way in or out the door.
 These are the little thank you cards that I made for him to send out to everyone who came or brought gifts. (sorry about the picture turned wrong, I couldn't get it turned around the correct way) I followed thru with the kraft paper "moving" theme on these as well.
 This is how I decorated his fireplace in his eat in kitchen. These were so simple to make using kraft paper and I really love the way that they turned out. By the way, the candle holder that you see in the fireplace is something that I added for him as well for a little decoration. I found the candle holder at a thrift store for $2 and spray painted it. Then the candles came from Dollar Tree.
Last picture for you....I had almost forgotten to show that I did make another burlap banner to hang for the food.
 I'm so happy for my son in the purchase of his new home. It's such a pretty house and I hope that he has many years of happiness in it.
 Thank you all for stopping by and hopefully I'll be able to post and share more with you real soon! Have a wonderful blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment