Thursday, October 13, 2016

Happy Fall Everyone!

 Happy Fall everyone!! I'm so sorry that I have been so neglectful in posting on my blog. I've had lots of life changes and health issues but seem to be getting things back on track and in order. It isn't that I haven't been crafting, I just haven't had the time to share with you and on top of that I was having serious computer issues. I am hoping to have those issues resolved now and can share with you past projects that I did take pictures of along the way. So back to what I'm sharing with you now.....my fall decorations for outside my apartment door.

 Starting with my wreath. I already had the grapevine wreath and like to fix it so that I can change it out whenever I get tired of it. The florals were purchased at Dollar Tree. By the way, if you haven't looked at their fall stuff lately you should go check them out. Its such an inexpensive way to create beautiful things. I already had the burlap ribbon as well. I couldn't find my wreath hanger so instead I simply took a regular wire hanger, bent it and then covered it with a burlap "sock" that I quickly sewed up. Waaa Laa! By the way, I have straightened my wreath back up. I didn't notice that it was hanging crooked on my door til after I took the picture.
Next is my stacked pumpkins. I waited until Michael's was having a really good deal on their fall stuff. Which by the way is still going on if you would like to run on over and snag some really good deals. They were 60% off plus I had gotten another coupon for an additional 20% off....can't beat that right? I did buy two strands of their fall garland as well to go along with some of the florals that I picked up at Dollar Tree. I used a wooden dowel to stack my pumpkins on and grabbed a ceramic planter from Lowes (on clearance) to put them in. Also, you can't see them but I bought some of the floral foam from Dollar Tree to put in the bottom of the planter to stabilize the pumpkins. I'm thinking that once fall is over and when we head into winter that I can convert this stack into a snowman! Which is why I selected the white pumpkins. Plus I really like the look of the white.
Oh and by the way, the door mat that you see.....I found that on clearance in the "as is" section for $4 at Tuesday Morning. The reason that it was "as is" is because one little corner had a slit in it where they opened the box it was in and sliced thru it. You can't even tell that it's damaged and for $4......Jackpot! The entire ensemble is done on a shoestring budget and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I've found so many really good deals in the clearance section of Tuesday Morning and shopping at Dollar Tree and ONLY buying on either clearance or sales at Michael's. I had seen some similar stacked pumpkin displays in various stores and they wanted at least $100 for them. Well I can assure you that I wouldn't nor couldn't pay that amount. So needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with not only the outcome or how it all looks together but the budget friendly amount that I spent on it.
 I hope that everyone is having a wonderful fall so far and that you find some inspiration here so that you can make your world a little brighter and chipper for the season. Please pray for those who are flooded from Hurricane Matthew. Thank you all for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more with you very soon! Maybe even today!

No comments:

Post a Comment